Title Post-Doctoral Scientist-Bioinformatics-Fixed Duration Employment
State / Province Indiana
Position Locale Local / Onsite
Location Details Indianapolis
Lilly is the 10th largest pharmaceutical company in the world, and has been creating medicines that help improve peoples' quality of life for more than 135 years. Across the globe, we are a leader in investing in research and development and we also invest in our employees – in competitive salaries, training and development, and health.
The pharmaceutical industry is a complex, rapidly changing environment and we are looking for highly capable leaders to help us continue bringing innovation to patients.
If you are interested in being considered for employment at Lilly, we encourage you to review the following opportunity:
Responsibilities Eli Lilly and Company is seeking a PhD Scientist to join the Bioinformatics team within the Tailored Therapeutics department to conduct analyses of clinical and pre-clinical data related to Neuropsychiatric disorders. The overarching goal of the group is to deliver biologically or clinically testable hypotheses based on systematic analyses of clinical and pre-clinical data. This entails leveraging new technologies to understand disease biology for the discovery of new targets, biomarkers and patient stratification approaches. The selected candidate will be expected to work in a cross functional team with scientists, clinical researchers, geneticists and statisticians.
Key Objectives and Deliverables:
* Analyze genomics data from RNASeq, MethylationSeq, and other expression analysis technologies with focus on neuropsychiatric disorders such as schizophrenia.
* Identify, develop, and apply appropriate computational methods to analyze these datasets.
* Work closely with the TTx Bioinformatics group to influence and shape bioinformatics strategy for analysis of high throughput data from neuropsychiatric and related datasets.
* Interface and interact regularly with members of Tailored Therapeutics, Lilly Neuroscience, Psychiatric Genetics and external collaborators to propose, conduct and present analyses
* Publish research in high impact journals
* PhD degree in neuroscience, bioinformatics, or a closely related field
* Significant education or experience in computational biology with strong hands on skill with multiple computational methods for genomic and genetic data analysis.
* Significant education or experience studying the molecular biology of neuropsychiatric disorders.
* Familiarity with publicly and commercially available bioinformatics pathway/network analysis tools, genomics and genetics databases.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative cross-functional environment
* Strong publication record in peer reviewed journals
* Bioinformatics programming skills in R, Perl, Python, C/C++.
* Experience with high performance cluster computing queuing systems such as SGE or condor is desirable
This position is not permanent. It is for a fixed duration of two years.
ELI LILLY AND COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Removal Date 22-Dec-2013