Lilly Medical Science Liaison, Oncology - National in Toronto, Ontario
Title Medical Science Liaison, Oncology - National
State / Province Ontario
Company Overview Lilly is one of the top 10 largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. Lilly has remained dedicated to creating medicines that help improve peoples' quality of life for more than 135 years. At the heart of Lilly's operations are its core values – excellence, integrity and respect for people and these are reflected in business practices that include strong governance principles, the ethical development of medicines, transparency and ethical product promotion.
Responsibilities The MSL will serve as a scientific resource for Canadian experts in the field focusing on Oncology. The MSL is responsible for responding to requests for in depth, cutting edge scientific information from the medical community in the Oncology field including the latest scientific literature, research from major scientific conferences, and updates on Lilly’s educational activities and Lilly’s pipeline research activities. The MSL will also gather feedback and insight from Scientific Experts and Thought Leaders to better inform Lilly’s research and overall strategic direction. By facilitating scientific exchange between the academic community and Lilly, the MSL has the opportunity to shape the future of healthcare with information that addresses important clinical and scientific questions. In all interactions, the MSL has responsibility to ensure that activities are compliant with all applicable guidelines, Rules and Regulations for Conducting Research, Rx and D Code of Conduct, the Eli Lilly Canada Policy on the Promotion of Pharmaceutical Products and Ethical Interactions with Health Care Providers, and other prevailing regulations/codes that may pertain to their work in the future.
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial, peer-to-peer relationships with the scientific community
- The MSL will spend a significant amount of their time building relationships with external health care professionals including scientific experts, researchers, educators and clinical investigators. The MSL will serve as a major representative of Lilly for these health care professionals, providing deep and advanced disease state and product information as well as facilitating the work of the scientific expert when it aligns with Lilly's mission. An important aspect of this work will be to connect thought leaders and scientific experts with other Lilly resources (e.g., Discovery, Real World Evidence Scientists, Clinical Research Physicians and Global/Canadian External Research & Development).
- Effectively communicate with Scientific Experts and Thought Leaders (SE’s and TL’s) with current scientific knowledge and provide services that meet their needs
- The MSL will be considered a reliable, trusted resource of accurate, current medical and scientific knowledge requested and desired by their SE’s and TL’s. They will respond in a timely way to personal or electronic inquiries with any available information which may include reprints or posters, medical letters, literature citations, slides, access to internal and external experts, health education activities, and scientific exchange meetings as necessary.
- Continually enhance scientific knowledge
- The MSL is required to maintain technical expertise within a therapeutic area to engage in scientific discussions with scientific experts. The MSL will be expected to engage in continuous learning within the therapeutic area they represent. They will attend appropriate scientific meetings, conduct routine literature searches, and maintain an updated knowledge of Lilly clinical development and trial status. They will be expected to communicate regularly with their medical team, as well aswith oncology MSLs in other jurisdictions as appropriate,to assure that the entire group benefits from individual learning whenever it is relevant.
- Support the medical business objectives of the affiliate and collaborate with cross functional partners
- The MSL will be responsible for interfacing with Lilly scientific experts and resources/internal business partners such as Clinical Research Physicians, Medical Information Associates, Medical Education, Corporate Affairs, and Marketing as requested by the expert/partner. They will also report clinical insights and unanswered questions received from the scientific experts to the medical and brand teams. The MSL job entails not only scientific and collaboration expertise, but also requires the ability to make strategic business decisions. The MSL must understand and effectively utilize approved resources to fulfill administrative, procedural, and legal requirements in order to address the customer needs and support internal Lilly business.
Advanced degree in health sciences (PhD, MD, Pharm D) with 2-3 years of relevant Oncology research or clinical experience
MSc or Bsc in health care/professional designation (BScN, PT, RD etc.) considered if 5 or more years of relevant Oncology research or clinical experience
Intellectual curiosity and intelligence about the field of Oncology
Ability to critically appraise scientific information / literature
Strong presentation skills including the ability to comprehend large amounts of scientific content which is then communicated in a clear, concise fashion
Demonstrated ability to build strong/collaborative peer-to-peer relationships with external experts
Familiarity with the academic community and medical research
Significant direct experience in servicing scientific expert needs for complex information
Experience in professional networking with positive mutually beneficial outcomes
Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills including an ability to work effectively with internal colleagues, cross-functional team members, and external partners
Strong project management skills with an ability to work within teams to prioritize key projects and medical tactics
Previous Medical Science Liaison experience
Significant clinical or research work in the area of Oncology
Strong preference for bilingual applicants
Additional Information Eli Lilly Canada is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from qualified women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
Removal Date 13-Aug-2017