Lilly Pharmaceutical Sales - Territory Manager Sr. Care Specialty in Albany, New York
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Position Territory - ALBANY NY SR CARE 130100
The Senior Care Sales Representative will be responsible for all aspects of developing, managing, selling and growing the portfolio of products in their territory. The representative will champion relationships with a mix of prescribers, nurses, pharmacists and nursing home facility decision makers to promote Lilly’s portfolio in the Long-Term Care setting. Additional responsibilities include partnering with Lilly Value and Access (LVA), Senior Care Regional Account Executives (RAS) in order to develop local and regional Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) chains, and Lilly alliance partners to pull through plans that align the entire Long-Term Care (LTC) treatment team.
• Drive sales growth of the product portfolio. The approach to the customer is a classic business to business model uncovering key stakeholders and decision makers within the network triangle, the SNF, LTC pharmacy, and HCP. This is complemented by product/disease state approach across the network triangle of customers.
• Consistently achieve or exceed quarter-over-quarter sales and market share growth with portfolio in the territory
• Build outstanding customer experiences by engaging in active dialogue to understand the customer’s needs and delivering appropriate resources and relevant information to influence appropriate use of product portfolio
• Develops partnerships with customers across the network triangle to provide resources and meet their clinical, disease state, product related and reimbursement needs to improve their ability to deliver quality resident care and grow the profitability of their business
• Focus on developing or building key resource and referral networks to enhance the standard of care for LTC residents with diabetes and within the territory
• Professional/industry knowledge in multiple disease states represented in Lilly Diabetes and Endocrine portfolios including: Knowledge of all aspects of the diabetes disease state, diagnostics, incidence, treatments, competitive products, and reimbursement. In addition, an in-depth knowledge of LTC regulations, resident flow, and resident care parameters is important. Additionally, knowledge in payer dynamics, Part A/Part D access, and LTC profitability parameters will allow the specialist to bring value to individual customers and facilities in this healthcare segment
• Effective Strategic Account Management (SAM) skills to develop an account/MD target list, evaluate and set an appropriate territory workload, and achieve key efficiency parameters
• Effectively utilize account selling skills to achieve goals through building relationships and meeting needs with all members of the LTC resident’s care team (Pharmacist, MD/NP/PA, LPN/RN)
• Effectively utilize our LTC expertise to conduct analysis on account/MD potentials, market trends/dynamics, and develop/implement territory business plans
• Identify and develop business relationships with influential LTC focused individuals and organizations within the territory. These organizations include, but are not limited to: AHCA, AMDA, ASCP, GAPNA and NADONA state chapters
• Implement a synergistic team approach with the overlapping Lilly Diabetes alliance, sales teams to build/implement customer focused pull through plans and resources that improve resident care and create customer value
• Bachelor’s degree PLUS, any of the following:
• 1 or more years of sales experience (pharmaceutical or non-pharmaceutical) following the completion of undergraduate degree
• 1-3 or more years of work experience since undergraduate degree was obtained
Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
• Bilingual skills as aligned with territory and customer needs.
• Proven leadership and teamwork with peers. Ability to influence teammates to build a strong performance-centered culture
• Top 1/3 portfolio sales results, 1 out of last 3 years
• Account-based selling experience
• LVA sales experience
• Excellent interpersonal/coordination/communication skills ability to coordinate with partners and build teams
• Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with key accounts and caregivers
• Demonstrated ability to learn, apply and communicate technical/scientific knowledge
• Demonstrated eye for business and business ownership mentality
• Demonstrated project management, problem solving and analytical skills
• Demonstrated influence and negotiation skills
• Innovation, creativity, and a self-starter
• Live within territory or within 30 miles of territory boundaries
• Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
• Some evening programs and overnight travel will be required.
• Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
Information for Internal Employees
Prior to posting, field sales employees must confirm eligibility with their supervisor based upon current business unit job posting guidelines. Currently this posting is limited to internal DBU sales transfers only.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( LillyRecruitingCompliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.
As a condition of employment with Eli Lilly and Company and its subsidiaries in the United States and Puerto Rico, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination satisfactory to the company (subject to applicable law).
At Lilly we strive to ensure our employees are part of a team that cares about them and our shared purpose of making life better for those around the world. How do we do this? We continue to look for ways to include, innovate, accelerate and deliver while maintaining integrity, excellence and respect for people. We hope that you seek to join us on our journey as we create medicine and deliver improved outcomes for patients across the globe!