Lilly Ethics and Compliance Officer in Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Type of Employment:
Full-Time Employment - FTE
Overall Job Purpose:
The Ethics and Compliance Officer (ECO) is responsible for driving the integration of high performance with high integrity in Lilly UK Hub. The Ethics and Compliance Officer (ECO) is expected to engage with other members of the UK hub extended Leadership Team and their colleagues and provide expert ethics and compliance guidance on affiliate strategies, decisions and activities. The ECO works with other personnel and teams in the global ethics and compliance organization to understand and coordinate implementation in UK Hub of Lilly’s ethics and compliance program (including policies, communications, training, monitoring, risk assessment, etc.) in a way that effectively supports the hub. The ECO is expected to have regular interactions with internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment with ethics and compliance objectives.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
Develop strong relationships with peers across the hub in order to understand core strategic objectives and assist with the understanding, accountability and risk mitigation of business practices through consultation on ethics and compliance related questions and issues.
Partner with the business to guide ethical, risk based decision making based on policy interpretation, values, good judgment, and risk awareness, while driving clear business ownership in all decisions taken.
Uphold and improve the processes around the seven elements of an effective compliance program (as defined by the US Office of Inspector General of Health & Human Services).
Assess compliance communications and training needs for the hub to effectively support ethics and compliance program needs and organizational change management goals and objectives.
Conduct regular E&C risk assessment of hub practices and work with leaders to put in place appropriate responsive actions.
Design and execute monitoring plans for the hub to address identified and prioritized risk areas.
Consult on investigations with ethics and compliance implications.
Drive application of effective corrective and preventive action plans in response to monitoring and investigation findings and use this information to deliver meaningful insight to hub leadership.
Serve as the Protect Lilly focal point for UK hub and drive the effective rollout of Protect Lilly initiatives the hub.
Provide input into development of corporate compliance policies and procedures that reflect the needs of the affiliate. Work with leaders in the affiliate to develop and implement and communicate localized procedures that are consistent with Lilly global or business unit requirements.
Ensure that Lilly privacy requirements are considered, that specific plans are developed and integrated with affiliate activities; serve as the affiliate privacy steward.
Partner with Customer meeting services team to lead and support the provision of accurate transfer of values (ToV) across the hub
Take a lead role in the coordination/ facilitation of key governance processes across the hub, including but exclusive to; Protect Lilly, PSP Governance Team, ToV & Sales Champions
• Understanding of the business and broad insight across the business functions, leadership & culture
• Awareness of external environment & thinking outside the walls of Lilly
• Strong working knowledge of the UK and Irish Codes (ABPI & IPHA)
• Participation, communication & influence
• Strong influence and negotiation skills and demonstrated ability to influence without authority
• Able to impact outcomes and to navigate through ‘crucial conversations’
• Ability to drive change and create positive attitude for compliance and ethics whilst demonstrating good judgment and comfort in handling topics with ambiguity and complexity
• Influence the business to own compliance decisions
• Solutions-oriented attitude, teamwork, learning agility, partnership & organizational change management
• Listening for understanding, courage, and willingness to speak up
• Ability to understand complex compliance/regulatory requirements and make them understandable to the business
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in pharmaceutical industry; or, alternatively, in ethics & compliance field in another industry
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Well-skilled in both written and spoken English (for precision, clarity, establishing context, good documentation needs, etc.)
• Preferred experience; Sales, Marketing & Medical. Would be open to consider remote working with travel.
Region: Europe; Middle East; Africa
Req Id: 55157BR