Lilly Tax and Reporting Accountant in Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Type of Employment:
Full-Time Employment - FTE
At Elanco we understand the powerful role healthy animals play in making lives better. As pets increasingly become important parts of our families, so too does the need to help them live longer, healthier, higher-quality lives. As the global population grows, so too will the need to meet the demand for safe, affordable food for all. Since our start at Eli Lilly and Company in 1954, Elanco has been working to empower our customers—from veterinarians to food producers to all those concerned with animal health—to address these global challenges, and advance a vision of food and companionship enriching life. We strive to develop and deliver products safe for consumers, animals and the environment through innovation and a shared vision to enrich the life of people worldwide. Embracing diversity is at the core of our long-held value of respect for people. It is the lens through which we understand and respond to the unique needs of the millions of individuals who depend on our medicines. For us, embracing diversity means understanding, respecting, and valuing differences, including but not limited to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. The greatest measure of our diversity efforts is our ability to attract and retain exceptional employees who feel comfortable in a culture that supports them being themselves.
• This is a fantastic opportunity to immerse yourself in the finance and tax processes within an established and highly performing Lilly finance team, and to take those learnings and develop the role as the future Elanco financial organisation is created to independently support a fully financially independent Elanco.
• This newly created role will have you drive the highest standards of financial reporting and tax compliance. This includes the overseeing the relationships with the company’s external financial advisors and auditors and also managing the day to day relationships with the UK tax authorities on behalf of Elanco.
• You will play a key role in the delivery of, and ongoing compliance with, tax transfer pricing agreements, working closely with Corporate tax
• Working closely with Corporate Treasury, you will develop short and longer term cash flow forecasting and manage short and longer term funding requirements.
Day to day responsibilities:
• Responsible for all tax compliance and submissions. Management of associated of payments
• Responsible for implementation of local transfer pricing policies
• Maintaining a robust system of controls relating to all aspects of company taxation and assisting with the SAO sign off
• Responsible for day to day relationship with HMRC and tax advisers
• Oversight of the preparation of the statutory accounts
• Some involvement in monthly US GAAP accounting and reporting (though this is largely delegated to the shared service centre)
• Primary day to day relationship owner with external auditors
• Provision of technical accounting/ controls advice to business/ other functions
• Preparation of short and longer term cash flow forecasts (working with both the commercial affiliate and the manufacturing finance teams)
• Monitoring of cash balances and liaison with Corporate Treasury on funding requirements
• Supporting Elanco’s development of working capital reporting and assisting the business in improving its working capital management
• Extensive experience of UK GAAP financial statements preparation and completion. FRS 102 accounting training preferred.
• Broad technical understanding of the UK corporate tax environment, incl aspects of compliance, payments, corporation tax returns, VAT returns,
• Broad technical knowledge – analytical, technical reporting and financial control skills
• Advanced Excel and Financial Analysis
• Strong interpersonal skills
• ability to work within a team and independently and working effectively with teams in shared service centres and corporate head office
• ability to influence senior management
• ability to represent Elanco with external parties (HMRC, professional advisers)
• Understanding of financial aspects of contracts, reporting and compliance
• Supervisory responsibilities: Initially none, potentially in the future
Location & Expected Travel Percentage
• Travel – minimal though there may be a need to travel to some international SAP transition workshops
Region: Europe; Middle East; Africa
Req Id: 52290BR