Lilly (Sr.) Medical Science Liaison-Autoimmune in Bei Jing-北京, China
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
1.Maintain and effectively communicate deep scientific knowledge
MSLs will be required to engage in continuous learning to maintain the highest level of technical expertise within the therapeutic area they represent. This will enable the MSL to answer deep scientific questions and be sought after by their customers based on peer-credible knowledge and expertise. As a result, the MSL will establish themself as a reliable, trusted, resource of unbiased, accurate, up-to-date, medical and scientific knowledge requested and desired by their customers.
2.Excel at customer engagement and support medical/scientific information needs of scientific experts
MSLs will spend the majority of their time field based and customer facing engaging in mutually beneficial 2-way dialogues with SEs. Through the application of emotional intelligence and a deep understanding of their customers, MSLs will act as one of the primary interfaces between Lilly medical and scientific experts to deliver the best in class customer experiences. Core to the role is to answer customer questions by providing deep and advanced disease state and product information. Additionally, MSLs connect SEs with other Lilly resources or internal business partners as appropriate and identify possible collaborative research or external collaborations.
3.Strategic vision and leadership
MSLs synthesize complex data and effectively communicate meaningful clinical insights and unanswered customer questions they receive from SEs to Lilly medical and cross functional teams. They use creative problem solving skills and utilize internal resources effectively to execute upon solutions. MSLs use a principle based decision making approach to make decisions independently or escalate them appropriately. They cultivate internal networks and collaborate effectively across functions with an active contribution to medical planning and strategy in the affiliate.
MSLs will be expected to demonstrate strategic analysis, planning, and prioritization to maximize efficiency. They will implement and evaluate a strategic territory plan prioritizing core ML activity and take personal accountability for results.
The MSL will execute the role in a compliant manner, adhering to all governing internal and external requirements, procedures, and laws, demonstrating good judgement at all times.
· Advanced degree in health sciences (PharmD, MD, PhD in a medically related field) required with 2-3 years of relevant clinical or therapeutic area experience desired. Masters or Bachelors level degree in health sciences (e.g. BSN, RPh,PA, NP) considered if 5 or more years clinical, research or industry (medical/scientific role) experience in relevant therapeutic area is present.
· Field based position requires ability to travel up to 80% and work up to 4 to 6 weekends a year.
· Applicants must live in close proximity to a transport hub (airport/train station).
· Intellectual curiosity about the field of science/medicine for which they are responsible.
· Learning agility to comprehend and effectively communicate large amounts of complex scientific content in a clear and concise fashion.
· Self-directed and able to work alone in the field effectively managing multiple priorities and projects.
· Advanced presentation and computer skills with expertise in literature identification.
· Effective strategic and critical thinking in order to analyse, assess and evaluate information and interpret impact or relevance to future states.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to use field-based electronic or other communication tools for all aspects of job is critical.
· Resiliency in managing complex challenges.
· Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills, including high emotional intelligence and the ability to engage in professional relationship building and networking
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( LillyRecruitingCompliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
At Lilly we strive to ensure our employees are part of a team that cares about them and our shared purpose of making life better for those around the world. How do we do this? We continue to look for ways to include, innovate, accelerate and deliver while maintaining integrity, excellence and respect for people. We hope that you seek to join us on our journey as we create medicine and deliver improved outcomes for patients across the globe!