Lilly Senior Boiler Operator - Utilities in Branchburg, New Jersey
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
This position is responsible for performing and documenting the required maintenance and monitoring of the facility and its equipment at the Branchburg location, BB50, Utility Room.
The responsibilities include operation, maintenance and repair of the Facility’s Purified Water and Water for Injection Generation and Distribution systems, Clean Steam Generator and Distribution systems, Plant Steam Boilers, Glycol Chillers, Cooling Towers and Glycol Distribution, Compressed Air, UPS, Emergency Generator, Electrical Distribution, Building Management System (BMS) and Process Controls Network (alarm management and notifications), Process Gas, Heating/Hot Water, Natural Gas Booster Skid, Industrial and Bio-waste systems.
Additional responsibilities include performing and documenting the preventative and corrective maintenance on the Utilities mechanical systems, with working knowledge of electrical, plumbing and rigging. Assist with new equipment installation, other duties may be assigned at the discretion of the management.
This position requires working in a Team environment to assist the company and all personnel to reach their goals and provide a safe, clean and efficient environment. Ensuring that all operations remain in compliance with cGMP’s, EPA, and OSHA requirements as well as within the Lilly requirements.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform, nor is it intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
1. Operate and troubleshoot problems as they occur on Plant Steam Boilers, Chillers, Cooling Towers, Emergency Generators, Process Gas Equipment, and Water for Injection, DIW Pretreatment and Generation, Compressed Air, Bio Waste and Industrial Waste, Clean Steam, Heating Hot Water Skids, and other equipment in the Utility Room as required. To accomplish this, the individual must have knowledge and understand all aspects of equipment operation and maintenance.
2. Maintain knowledge of the GMARS electronic work documentation system, BMS System as required for operating equipment and troubleshooting issues as they relate to equipment and the buildings Utility Systems. Completes tasks and associated documentation timely with little to no errors, mentors and teaches other technicians.
3. Perform all assigned PM’s and WO’s on facilities equipment as per the GMARS electronic work order system. Document all work as performed according to cGMP’s and Lilly SOP’s. Document the use of spare parts in parts in the GMARS system by executing desktop requisitions. Able to perform PM and/or CM without guidance, and technical troubleshooting on advanced equipment and systems and determine best course of action to provide RCA and corrective requirements on equipment/instrumentation and systems.
4. Provide ongoing insight to Lead Technicians and Supervisors where SOP’s and PM Job Plans are to be updated based on current operations.
5. Manage all alarms received from the BB50 Building Management Systems (BMS) and Process Control Network. Provide the required notification and document alarms per procedures. Maintain cleanliness of the Utility Room, chiller yard and equipment.
6. Maintain 100% training records in Success Factors for all required training.
7. Analyze and maintain proper water chemistry on the Boilers, Cooling Towers and DIW systems.
8. Perform all aspects of the position by following cGMP’s and all Safety and OSHA regulations. Acts as LOTO Lead, accurately troubleshoots using technical tools and expertise to identify and order the correct parts "Right the First Time".
9. Provide coverage for shifts as required to support the Utility Room needs, including 24-hour emergency response.
10. Monitors overall job environmental, health and safety aspects and understands the risks and liabilities associated with various facilities maintenance and repair activities. Must be able to recognize hazard conditions, take appropriate workplace safety measures and wear appropriate personal protective equipment to suit work environment.
11. Gains support of customers, technicians, and supervisors to eliminate roadblocks and drive process improvements. Engages with customers and engineers, exchanging information and knowledge to improve the process or system.
Black Seal or higher State of NJ Stationary Engineer License preferred. Would consider candidates with mechanical background that can be trained to get their license.
This position requires a minimum of 3-5 years of experience with working knowledge of Facility/Utility Maintenance. RO/DIW Purified water system experience preferred.
Experience in a cGMP environment preferred.
Lifting Required: 55 lbs. / 25 kg
Shift: 4 -4 12Hr. Rotating, on call required
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
Completion of Post Offer Exam or Completion of Work Simulation if applicable.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
As a condition of employment with Eli Lilly and Company and its subsidiaries in the United States and Puerto Rico, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination satisfactory to the company. If you would like to request an accommodation for medical or religious reasons, you may do so at email@example.com.
At Lilly we strive to ensure our employees are part of a team that cares about them and our shared purpose of making life better for those around the world. How do we do this? We continue to look for ways to include, innovate, accelerate and deliver while maintaining integrity, excellence and respect for people. We hope that you seek to join us on our journey as we create medicine and deliver improved outcomes for patients across the globe!