Lilly Pharmacoepidemiology Analyst in Cork, Ireland
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Global Patient Safety Associate Consultant - Pharmacoepidemiology Analyst Purpose: The purpose of the Associate Consultant - Pharmacoepidemiology Analyst role is to provide analytical expertise to support the Office of Risk Management and Pharmacoepidemiology organization.
Responsibilities will include the following: Support pharmacoepidemiology studies by providing analysis of and expertise with Large Healthcare Databases (LHDs). Duties include data mining, authoring of SAS programs, validation, advanced analytics, statistic support, maintaining knowledge of multiple analytic products, technical support (i.e., testing, validation) for new tools or technologies and collaborate with internal/external business partners to accomplish risk management activities.
Primary Responsibilities: This job description is intended to provide a general overview of the job requirements at the time it was prepared.
The job requirements of any position may change over time and may include additional responsibilities not specifically described in the job description. Consult with your supervision regarding your actual job responsibilities and any related duties that may be required for the position.
1. Analytical Expertise
• Provide analytical expertise in support of pharmacoepidemiology studies, including risk management plans, studies that address regulatory safety questions or evaluate potential safety signals, and active surveillance studies
• Collaborate with Epidemiologists and Statisticians in study conceptualization and design, providing resource structure expertise to ensure feasibility of epidemiology and statistical specifications.
• Develop, execute, and validate logic to analytical results supporting pharmacoepidemiology studies.
• Provide technical support in the utilization of key statistical measures within analyses.
• Participate in team discussions regarding study output.
2. Internal authority on the use and contents of Large Healthcare Databases
• Develop an in-depth understanding of the variables and idiosyncrasies of in-licensed LHDs.
• Evaluate additional LHDs for potential licensing or other use.
• Identify opportunities to improve process efficiency and /or use of standards with analytical methods.
• Stay abreast of the latest technology and methods for analysis and use of LHDs.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable licenses and company guidelines regarding access and distribution of data, testing and validation practices, and documentation with regard to the utilization of LHDs
3. Analytical Tool Development
• Provide technical support for evaluation, development, implementation and training of analytical tools or technologies that support risk management, safety and surveillance activities.
• Network with appropriate colleagues (i.e., IT, Stats, etc.) to identify and implement consistent solutions.
• Assess updates to tools and technologies for evaluation of potential process enhancements
4. Collaborate with internal and external business partners
• Collaborate/consult with internal and external business partners to accomplish pharmacoepidemiology activities.
• Actively share expertise and knowledge regarding processes, tools and technology for pharmacoepidemiology.
• Communicate effectively with internal and external business partners.
5. Project Management
• Track timelines and resource needs for Research Analyst responsibilities of individual or team projects.
• Communicate updates including work status, schedule/conflicts, resource needs, risks and contingencies to management and as appropriate to core AS teams.
• Ensure the appropriate level of quality (i.e. compliance to corporate/local procedures, peer and technical reviews, etc.) are applied to all programming and validation deliverables
• As appropriate, engage with industry and other external forums and partnerships to: stay informed of impactful industry and technological developments, influence and share best practices, enhance understanding of new and existing analytic methods and LHDs.Page 2 of 2 JD10085 Version 4.0 Effective: 07 May 2020
Confidential Minimum Qualification Requirements:
▪ A bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in a health-related, statistical or information related field (e.g., epidemiology, statistics, information science, etc.)
▪ Excellent problem solving and analytic skills including 3+ years’ experience with statistical software packages.
▪ Excellent oral and written communication skills, particularly communicating and understanding technical information with diverse groups and individuals.
▪ Experience utilizing databases containing healthcare information. Other Information/Additional Preferences:
▪ Familiarity with Corporate Computer System Quality and other applicable policies and procedures.
▪ Competent in the analysis of data for clinical and epidemiological studies.
▪ High-level knowledge of global regulations for adverse event reporting and patient safety.
▪ Working knowledge of therapy and medical disease coding,
▪ Understanding of medical studies and medical research.
▪ Experience with data mining
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( LillyRecruitingCompliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
At Lilly we strive to ensure our employees are part of a team that cares about them and our shared purpose of making life better for those around the world. How do we do this? We continue to look for ways to include, innovate, accelerate and deliver while maintaining integrity, excellence and respect for people. We hope that you seek to join us on our journey as we create medicine and deliver improved outcomes for patients across the globe!