Lilly Medical Science Liaison Diabetes-AB/MB in Edmonton, Alberta
The MSL will serve as a scientific resource for Canadian experts in the field in Diabetes. The MSL is responsible for responding to requests for in depth, cutting edge scientific information from the medical community in the diabetes field including the latest scientific literature and research from major scientific conferences. Requests may include updates on Lilly’s educational activities and pipeline research activities. The MSL will also gather feedback and insight from Scientific Experts and Thought Leaders to better inform Lilly’s scientific and strategic direction. By facilitating scientific exchange between the academic community and Lilly, the MSL has the opportunity to shape the future of healthcare with information that addresses important clinical and scientific questions. In all interactions, the MSL has the responsibility to ensure that activities are compliant with all applicable guidelines, rules, codes and regulations for ethical interactions with Health Care Providers and for conducting research. These may include but are not limited to Innovative Medicines Canada (IMC) Code of Conduct, and Lilly policies.
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial, peer-to-peer relationships with the scientific community
- The MSL will spend a significant amount of their time on customer-facing activities to develop relationships with external customers including scientific experts, researchers, educators and clinical investigators. The MSL will serve as a major representative of Lilly for these health care professionals, providing deep and advanced disease state and product information as well as facilitating the work of the scientific expert when it aligns with Lilly's mission. An important aspect of this work will be to connect these experts with other Lilly resources (e.g., Discovery, Real World Evidence Scientists, Clinical Research Physicians and Global/Canadian External Research & Development).
- Effectively communicate up to date scientific knowledge with Scientific Experts and Thought Leaders and provide requested services that meet their needs.
- The MSL will be considered a reliable, trusted resource of accurate, up-to-date medical and scientific knowledge requested and desired by their experts. They will respond in a timely way to personal or electronic inquiries with any available information which may include reprints or posters, medical letters, literature citations, access to internal and external experts, slides and other teaching-related material.
- Continually enhance scientific knowledge
- The MSL is required to maintain technical expertise within a therapeutic area to engage in scientific discussions with scientific experts. The MSL will be expected to engage in continuous learning within the therapeutic area they represent. They will attend appropriate scientific meetings, conduct routine literature searches and will be expected to communicate regularly with each other to assure that the entire group benefits from individual learning whenever it is relevant.
- Support the medical business objectives of the affiliate
The MSL will be responsible for interfacing the scientific expert with Lilly resources/internal business partners such as Clinical Research Physicians, Medical Information Associates, Medical Education, Corporate Affairs, and Marketing as requested by the expert. They will also report the clinical insights and unanswered customer questions they have received from the scientific experts to the medical and brand teams. The MSL job entails not only scientific and customer expertise, but also requires the ability to understand and effectively utilize approved resources to fulfill administrative, procedural, and legal requirements in order to address the customer needs and support internal Lilly business.
The successful candidate should be ideally based in Alberta.
Medical Science Liaison Diabetes - West (AB/MB)
Advanced degree in health sciences (PhD, MD, Pharm D) with 2-3 years of relevant clinical or therapeutic experience in diabetes preferred
OR MSc in health care/professional designation (BScN, PT, RD etc.) considered if 5 or more years of relevant clinical experience in diabetes
OR Preference given to individuals meeting the above with previous MSL experience in the field of diabetes and sound knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry
Intellectual curiosity and intelligence about the field of diabetes
Ability to critically appraise scientific information / literature
Strong presentation skills including the ability to comprehend large amounts of scientific content which is then communicated in a clear, concise fashion
Demonstrated ability to build strong/collaborative peer-to-peer relationships with external customers
Familiarity with the academic community and medical research
Significant direct experience in servicing customer needs for complex information
Experience in professional networking with positive mutually beneficial outcomes
Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills including an ability to work effectively with internal colleagues, cross-functional team members, and external partners (co-promotions with other companies)
Strong project management skills with an ability to work within teams to prioritize key projects and medical tactics
At Lilly, we’re, inspired to make a difference in people’s lives every day – through the discovery of life-changing medicines, better understanding of disease management and support for people living with illness and their families and friends.
Our work today – from our research programs to our volunteer initiatives – is a reflection of our heritage of uniting caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world.
We are committed to investing in our employees – through competitive salaries, training and development, health, and the opportunity to do good. The pharmaceutical industry is a complex, rapidly changing environment and we are looking for highly capable people to help us accomplish our mission!
State / Province: