Lilly Chief Identity Architect in Basingstoke or Warsaw,
Type of Employment:
Full-Time Employment - FTE
We’re looking for a passionate identity architect to help us deliver a new identity and access management solution for the entire company. The role will be partnering closely with our internal and external technical teams to run this exciting effort to redesign how Elanco manages identity in the future.
Identity is a fundamental need for the entire organisation. Whilst hundreds of internal applications rely on identity to function, we’re taking this opportunity to build an intelligent identity solution that can automate business processes, protect the company and deliver an effortless user experience.
The Chief Identity Architect will be accountable for all identity services globally, also working closely with the CTO and enterprise architecture community to embed the IAM principles across the organisation.
The role does not include people administration, however, will provide technical leadership and decision making for DevOps teams.
Elanco is a global animal health company that develops products and knowledge services to prevent and treat disease in food animals and pets in more than 90 countries. With a 64-year heritage, we rigorously innovate to improve the health of animals and benefit our customers, while fostering an inclusive, cause-driven culture for more than 5,800 employees. At Elanco, we’re driven by our vision of food and companionship enriching life – all to advance the health of animals, people and the planet. Learn more at www.elanco.com.
The Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) team is a new team that was created following the IPO of Elanco, separating from their parent company Eli Lilly & Company. Elanco is looking to build a Technology team, focusing on Infrastructure, where none currently exists and looking to take the opportunity to think differently, build for the future and leverage modern technologies, services and processes across all areas of infrastructure. Internally, we like to describe ETS as a ‘start-up within an enterprise’!
You’ll spend your time:
• Defining, embedding and maintaining the global Identity strategy, including a clear execution plan.
• Partnering with the CTO and Enterprise Architecture, supporting the creation of architecture materials, such as a reference architecture, principles, positioning, patterns and statements.
• Identifying opportunities to optimize and modernize the Identity architecture, driving cost efficiencies.
• Identifying and positioning new Identity technologies that yield competitive advantage.
• Providing Identity architecture technical leadership and decision making for DevOps team.
• Serving on various forums to analyse projects and programs to ensure they are technically sound, will do no harm, and will deliver the expected outcomes.
• Establishing strong partnerships across the architecture community and Information Security, helping to identify opportunities and mitigate risks.
• Running deep dive initiatives to help overcome major incidents, complex problems and/or realise opportunities.
• Embedding security, privacy, data protection and quality assurance across IT.
• Actively building and staying abreast of emerging technology directions related to Identity architecture, guiding IT on how to interpret and best leverage the emerging technologies.
• Engaging in the community (internally and externally) across multiple channels, looking to share, educate and inspire.
The first stage is the application. After this, successful candidates will be invited to a 30min phone interview. Successful candidates from the first interview, will be invited to a 1-hour face-to-face interview at our office in Basingstoke.
Embracing diversity is at the core of our long-held value of respect for people. It is the lens through which we understand and respond to the unique needs of the millions of individuals who depend on our medicines. For us, embracing diversity means understanding, respecting, and valuing differences, including but not limited to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. The greatest measure of our diversity efforts is our ability to attract and retain exceptional employees who feel comfortable in a culture that supports them being themselves.
• Extensive experience in technology project leadership, managing and advancing complex, global environments.
• Solid experience designing and delivering enterprise technology solutions.
• Extensive experience across Identity, including Active Directory, Azure, RSA, Privileged Access Management, SAML, OAuth, OpenID Connect, etc.
• Few years of experience working with public cloud architecture (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, etc.)
• Few years of experience working with modern architecture methodologies (Service Orientated Architecture, API-Centric Design, Twelve-Factor App, FAIR, etc.)
• Experience defining and executing large-scale, transformative strategic plans.
• Demonstrated influence and communication skills across all levels of IT and third-parties.
• Demonstrated strength in facilitation skills.
• Strong organizational and communications skills with multiple examples of being able to convey complex ideas in a manner that resulted in a definitive direction and result.
Occasional travel may be required.
Region: Europe; Middle East; Africa
City: Basingstoke or Warsaw
State: Hampshire, Mazowieckie
Country: United Kingdom, Poland
Location Details: Lilly House
Req Id: 49513BR