Lilly PhD - Research Scientist - Business Analytics in Indianapolis,
Type of Employment:
Full-Time Employment - FTE
You will be part of a growing and dynamic team of advanced analytics professionals whose main goal is to help our marketing, finance, and business leadership partners achieve their business goals through advanced data analytics. Key responsibilities include:
Partner with commercial teams to identify, scope, and execute analytic efforts that answer business questions, solve business needs, and add business value
Maintain a broad understanding of sales and marketing and be fully engaged with business teams, bringing an objective voice to the table, and facilitating decisions grounded in data
Collaborate with other analytics team members to review and provide feedback on the analytics work being done, and be willing to seek feedback from other team members about your own work
Stay current with respect to statistical/mathematical/informatics modeling methodology, to maintain proficiency in applying new and varied methods, and to be competent in justifying methods selected
Completing bachelor's degree in Engineering or Supply Chain program by August 2020.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Deep and broad knowledge of statistical modeling and data mining methods and tools
Proficiency with analytic tools (SAS, JMP, R etc.)
Interpersonal communication skills for effective customer consultation
Teamwork and leadership skills
Self-management skills with a focus on results for timely and accurate completion of competing deliverables
Make the impossible possible in your quest to make life better.
Bring Analytics to life by giving it zeal and making it applicable to our business.
Know, learn, and keep up-to-date on the statistical and scientific advances to maximize your impact.
Bring an insatiable desire to learn, to innovate, and to challenge yourself for the benefit of patients.
Who We Are:
Lilly is a global healthcare leader that unites caring with discovery to makelife better for people around the world.
We’re a Fortune 500 company, determined to bring life-changingmedicines to those who need them and give back to communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. Tolearn more about Lilly, please visit us at
• A Purposeful Career—bringingtogether people who discover and deliver life-changing medicines thatimprove peoples’ lives around theworld.
• A Balance of Work and Life—creating an environment foremployees to be productive in boththeir lives and their work.
• An Opportunity for Growth—providing opportunities for eachindividual to develop and advance professionally.
• A Diverse Culture—committed to uniting individuals across cultures, and developing a comfortable, connected, environment that values diverse thought.
• A Vibrant Community—headquartered in downtownIndianapolis, Ind. — Time Magazineranked Indianapolis a top 10 city to start a new career in. Read more about living in Indianapolis at downtownindy.org.
We’re looking for:
• Highly motivated and drivenleaders
• Individuals with integrity, excellence and respect for people.
• Individuals who want to make a difference in someone else’s life.
Req Id: 51114BR