Lilly Sr. Scientific Communications Manager in 上海,
Type of Employment:
1: Communication Planning/Strategy Development (10%)
• Partners with external thought leaders / investigators / scientists, internal physicians, statisticians, other team members, and/or other writers to build publication and or regulatory plans across therapeutic areas, compounds, geographies, and/or phases of drug development.
• Uses overarching view of compound, therapeutic area, and external environment (including competitors) to lead and influence scientific disclosure planning, clinical planning, submission strategy planning, regulatory responses, and literature updates and reviews.
• Leverages the interdependencies of documents across products and uses to provide consistent and relevant medical/scientific information on the product(s) to multiple audiences.
2: Subject Matter Expertise/Depth of Knowledge (5%)
• Possesses deep understanding of disease state and current medical and/or regulatory issues related to supported compound(s), and serves as a scientific resource on molecule and/or disease state; uses this expertise to interpret and present scientific and statistical data in publications.
• Acts as the expert (e.g., Subject Matter Expert) and external influencer in the area of regulatory, publication, and promotion guidelines, and changes in the external environment as related to communication deliverables; has awareness of data standards evolution across medical communications.
• Demonstrates expertise and flexibility across document types.
• Acts as Six Sigma Process Owner for key communication processes. Functions as owner
/ steward of applicable process related policies, procedures and associated performance
• Drives for excellence and standards in writing to influence at all levels within internal
and external organizations.
3: Document Authoring / Document Delivery (15-30%)
• Primary authorship for key strategic communication deliverables.
• Builds persuasive and scientific-based arguments that support the purpose of the more
complex or strategic documents.
• Communicates, collaborates, and negotiates with team leadership to maintain focus and
awareness of potential delays, problems； gaps of intonation, expectations, project steps,
milestones, and deliverables to effectively manage the document process / progress.
• Advocates internally and externally for appropriate authorship criteria on all work products.
4: Knowledge Sharing and Consultant Support (10-20%)
• Recognized as communication expert across function / platform team.
• Prov ides coaching and mentoring to others by sharing information, giving guidance, and
answering questions across therapeutic areas, compounds, geographies, and/or phases of
• Evaluates best practices for appropriateness, and implements globally as needed in order to improve processes, quality, efficiency, and effectiveness.
• Maintains broad knowledge of resources; able to easily access and expertly integrate data
and information from various sources and technologies to address customer needs across
therapeutic areas, compounds, geographies, and/or phases of drug development.
• Provides consultation and answers to multiple internal and external audiences / customers
across therapeutic areas, compounds, geographies, and/or phases of drug development.
5: External Service Provider (ESP)/Alliance Relationship Management (20%)
• Build / manage relationships with vendors / alliance partners.
• Provides oversight on individual deliverables, including timeline management, delivery of feedback and issue management.
• Build / manage relationships with ESP/alliance partners at a strategic level.
• Collaborate with management / team to develop sourcing strategy. Lead and be accountable for execution of strategy.
• Anticipate and resolve communication sourcing needs and collaborate with sourcing
contacts to identify future providers.
6: Scientific Outreach (5%)
• Represent data at internal and external scientific and/or professional meetings
• Serve as a consultant to business partners (e.g., Corporate Communications, Medical
Relations, Investor Relations, Medical, Marketing) on data presentation.
• Works with internal / external customers to answer questions on unmet medical needs across therapeutic areas, compounds, geographies, and/or phases of drug development.
• Engages in activities supporting reward and recognition, teambuilding, and diversity.
• Holds leadership positions in external outreach activities (e.g., involvement in professional organizations).
7: Scientific Disclosure Planning (5-15%)
• Leads publication planning meetings.
• Coordinates the approval and submission of publications in consultation with Medical and Legal as appropriate.
• Participates in the development of proposals for scientific disclosures with subject matter experts (e.g., Clinical Research Physicians, External Thought Leaders, etc.).
• Ensures appropriate venue and timing of publications (i.e., abstracts, posters, primary .papers, etc.) through participation in Scientific Disclosure meetings; with experience, facilitates development of scientific disclosure plans (via local Medical Planning processes where appropriate), generates publication proposals, and negotiates scientific disclosure priorities.
• Enhances external awareness of functional roles and responsibilities, and Scientific Disclosure process.
8: Business Related (5%)
• Support the training and integration of new and current staff
• Support the recruitment of staff to meet business plan.
• Create and execute strategic plans to improve the team's performance and leverage the
impact of its expertise with internal business partners.
• Identify, develop and implement specific initiatives to enhance the team's medical expertise, improve team dynamics, increase the efficiency of scientific information services, improve alignment with the priorities or achieve other objective.
• Organize team meetings or other forums to share best practices and recognize contributions, enhance skills and discuss important organizational and administrative developments.
The purpose of the Senior Medical Communications Manager, Asia-Pacific Medical Communications (China) is to pro vid accurate and timely data to patients, regulators, providers and payers. It is the cornerstone of Lilly's Principles of Medical Research, the Lilly Brand, and providing Answers That Matter.
The Sr. Medical Communications Manager collaborates with cross-functional, multidisciplinary teams across multiple geographies and phases of drug development to lead the development of communication strategies / plans and primary authoring for the delivery of external scientific publications (including and not limited to, abstracts, posters, manuscripts and presentations), and/or regulatory documents (including, but not limited to, protocols, clinical study reports, briefing documents, regulatory responses, and marketing authorization applications). This role is responsible for driving and influencing decisions across multiple levels, regions, and functions to ensure answers to customers' (health care providers, regulators, payers, etc) questions are timely, accurate and of the highest quality.
The responsibilities listed below outline the scope of the position. The percentages assigned to each of the objectives are estimates only, and may vary based on business need.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
• Master's Degree with at least 2-3 years of experience, or a PhD with a post doc or equivalent experience in the clinical, scientific, or regulatory research.
• Demonstrated mastery of written English and/or local languages with experience in medical,
scientific or technical writing fields (at least 1 year); professional verbal skills in English and/or
• Cognitive abilities including; verbal reasoning, attention to detail, critical thinking and
• Clinical pharmacology, therapeutic area, or other medical and scientific specific knowledge and
experience (e.g., neuroscience, oncology, cardiovascular, or endocrine expertise).
• Experience writing regulatory or clinical trial documents.
• Publication experience.
• Demonstrated high-level, end-user computer skills (e.g., word processing, tables and graphics,
spreadsheets, presentations and templates).
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to be flexible in varying environments and with multiple customer groups.
• Resource management skills.
• Skills in coaching and developing others.
Other Information/Additional Preferences:
• Graduate degree with formal research component or in life sciences.
• Demonstrated project management and time management skills.
• Ability to work well independently and as a part of a team.
• A writing exercise is required as part of the candidate evaluation process. Additional writing samples will be requested.
• A coaching simulation is required as part of the candidate evaluation process, where the role
includes supervision of others.
• Limited travel, up to approximately 10%.
Req Id: 51100BR