Lilly Undergrad Engineering - Intern in Indianapolis,
Type of Employment:
Lilly’s internship program is best in class. It provides engineering students the unique opportunity to work in the manufacturing and development areas of a Fortune 100 multinational company. Our internship program helps us identify future technical talent and leaders as well as provides a transparent experience for interns to experience our culture and see the variety of career paths available at Lilly. Each summer, our interns provide very positive feedback about their experiences.
In summary, it is the total overall experience. The people, the projects, and the activities, provide a wonderful landscape of learning and platform for strengthening your skills.
You will get the opportunity to work with highly capable leaders who have developed the ability to provide valuable coaching and feedback.
Engineers at Lilly are responsible for:
• Operating and maintaining manufacturing, utility and automation systems in compliance with US and global regulations
• Searching for and implementing continuous improvements
• Managing capital projects (including design, construction and start-up)
• Designing and developing drug delivery systems
• Designing and developing drug manufacturing processes (including scale-up and commercialization)
• Designing and developing waste reduction and energy minimization processes
• Designing and developing safety systems and environmental controls
• Transportation, Distribution, and warehouse analysis and optimization
The internship positions are temporary summer internship positions that last for 12 CONTINUOUS weeks beginning in May or June 2020. Each engineering intern will be assigned a project affording the opportunity to actively contribute to the manufacturing organization, build a comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry, and the role engineers play at creating solutions for Eli Lilly and Company. Interns will interact with other engineering and manufacturing professionals, including Lilly senior management. Professional development and social events will be held throughout the summer. At the conclusion of the work period, each intern will present their project highlights, findings and general internship accomplishments to engineering and manufacturing professionals.
Project opportunities are available in, but not limited to, the following manufacturing areas:
• Dry Products (tablets)
• Parenteral Products (injectable)
• Facilities/Utilities Engineering
• Bulk Processing (small and large molecule)
• Process Development
• Global Delivery Devices
• Health and Safety / Environmental
• Provide a practical real-life solution to a manufacturing business related technical project
• Work individually and with a supervisor to determine and achieve project goals
• Document and present project accomplishments and progress
• Currently attending school and have completed sophomore or junior year in a BS/MS Engineering program
• Graduating by August 2022
• Analysis/problem assessment skills, communication (oral and written) skills, information monitoring skills, quality orientation, and teamwork/interpersonal skills
• Previous internship experience within the pharmaceutical industry
All interns will be considered for full-time positions based on their internship performance and the business need
Lilly arranges various intern activities including sporting events, dinners, lunch and learns, etc. to provide opportunities for socializing, professional development, and learning more about Lilly.
Interns will receive a competitive salary and free parking at their work site, as well as access to Lilly’s
LIFE fitness center and bike garage
If the intern's job position requires a move from another location, Lilly will provide subsidized housing
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
Who We Are:
Lilly is a global healthcare leader that unites caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world.
We’re a Fortune 500 company, determined to bring life-changing medicines to those who need them and give back to communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. To learn more about Lilly, please visit us at http://bit.ly/lillycareer
• A Purposeful Career—bringing together people who discover and deliver life-changing medicines that improve peoples’ lives around the world.
• A Balance of Work and Life—creating an environment for employees to be productive in both their lives and their work. An Opportunity for Growth—providing opportunities for each individual to develop and advance professionally.
• A Diverse Culture—committed to uniting individuals across cultures, and developing a comfortable, connected, environment that values diverse thought.
• A Vibrant Community—headquartered in downtown Indianapolis, Ind. — Time Magazine ranked Indianapolis a top 10 city to start a new career in. Read more about living in Indianapolis at downtownindy.org.
We’re looking for:
• Highly motivated and driven leaders
• Individuals with integrity, excellence and respect for people.
• Individuals who want to make a difference in someone else’s life.
Req Id: 51062BR