Lilly Undergrad Supply Chain - Intern in Indianapolis,
Type of Employment:
As a Supply Chain Intern, you will experience an exciting summer that offers a wide range of opportunities for professional development. Lilly has nearly 700 individuals in the Supply Chain community whose responsibility is to enable reliable, on time delivery to our customers. These individuals move materials either physically or virtually across geographic boundaries and time zones to be sure that the medicine is available when the patient needs it. By giving employees the opportunity to strengthen their skills through a variety of assignments, we further increase the possibilities for professional achievement, and the success of our company. Your intern project could consist of one of (but not limited to) the following:
Operating specific supply chain business processes at a Global level, providing visibility, integrating proposed changes and resolving issues
Conducting supply chain processes within a manufacturing Network which includes confirming validity of near-term demand forecast, developing product family forecasts and passing dependent demands to all impacted sites via SAP
Lead or participate in a global or site product launch team
Executing Master Scheduling, Shop Floor Control, Material Requirements Planning and/or Purchasing Processes to achieve safety, quality, service and financial performance at a manufacturing or packaging site
Serving as the link between Lilly Affiliates / Trading Companies and the sites in a Customer Service role to maintain the highest possible standard of customer service
Working with a team focused on completion of a specific, strategic supply chain project using world-class tools and processes
Serving as an integrator of material master data between a manufacturing/packaging site, the business unit and the sales and marketing affiliate.
Lead or participate in logistical activities to support and improve distribution channels
Enrolled in a bachelor's degree program related to Industrial Engineering or Supply Chain
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States and not require sponsorship at any time. Eli Lilly and Company does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B status) for this position.
Strong learning agility
Strong problem solving
Flexibility and adaptability
Supply Chain experience or interest
Pharma / Healthcare experience or interest
• All interns will be considered for full-time positions based on their internship performance and the business needs.
• Lilly arranges various intern activities including sporting events, dinners, lunch and learns, etc. to provide opportunities for socializing, professional development, and learning more about Lilly.
• Interns will receive a competitive salary and free parking at their work site, as well as access to Lilly’s LIFE fitness center and bike garage
• If the intern's job position requires a move from another location, Lilly will provide subsidized housing
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Who We Are:
Lilly is a global healthcare leader that unites caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world.
We’re a Fortune 500 company, determined to bring life-changing medicines to those who need them and give back to communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. To learn more about Lilly, please visit us at http://bit.ly/lillycareer
• A Purposeful Career—bringing together people who discover and deliver life-changing medicines that improve peoples’ lives around the world.
• A Balance of Work and Life—creating an environment for employees to be productive in both their lives and their work. An Opportunity for Growth—providing opportunities for each individual to develop and advance professionally.
• A Diverse Culture—committed to uniting individuals across cultures, and developing a comfortable, connected, environment that values diverse thought.
• A Vibrant Community—headquartered in downtown Indianapolis, Ind. — Time Magazine ranked Indianapolis a top 10 city to start a new career in. Read more about living in Indianapolis at downtownindy.org.
We’re looking for:
• Highly motivated and driven leaders
• Individuals with integrity, excellence and respect for people.
• Individuals who want to make a difference in someone else’s life.
Req Id: 43328BR