Lilly Associate Director - Digital Data Engineering in Indianapolis, Indiana
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
As we experience an unprecedented wave of converging innovation in wearable device, digital technology, and data science, the Digital Health organization within Lilly Information and Digital Solutions seeks a talented data engineer who will work across Digital Health R&D functional areas to analyze and lead data-centric solutions for our digital biomarker and digital therapeutics areas. The role is responsible for developing, constructing, testing, and maintaining data sets and scalable data processing systems in digital biomarker development.
Work with Digital Health R&D functional areas beyond the data sphere, understanding business needs and requirements, the enterprise infrastructure, and the many source systems. Input is raw datasets. Output is analytics-ready, integrated/curated datasets. In this role, you will:
• Develop data-centric solutions to advance digital biomarker development
• Consult with internal partners and external collaborators to deliver data solutions to meet research and development needs
• Work in Agile Sprints with data engineering team
• Deliver sustainable and repeatable data processes and standards for delivery and supportability of our digital data solutions
• Data acquisition: create, standardize, and refine processes for gathering and storing our digital data
• Data Preparation: iterative process for exploring, integrating, cleaning, validating, and transforming raw data into curated datasets
• Data Delivery: releasing data in consumable form for use / reuse by others
• Ensure adherence to appropriate quality standards and risk-based decision-making for all delivery efforts
• Help create data capabilities that allows efficient access, visualization, and search of our digital data repository
• B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Informatics, or other technical discipline with at least 5 years of equivalent experience.
• Practical experience building, evaluating, scaling, and deploying data and machine learning pipelines with Python, with Amazon Web Services and/or Azure Cloud technology.
• Proficient in R, Python and fluent in data manipulation (SQL, Spark, Pandas).
• Knowledge of data management.
• Experience implementing proprietary and open-source languages, software and platforms, machine and deep learning frameworks and toolkits with a focus around analysis of digital data.
• Experience with writing enterprise level code to process, transport, analyze, and store data with cloud based Big Data solutions.
• Experience with Docker, CI/CD pipelines, and Git version control.
• Knowledge of data modeling and quality.
Knowledge of big data search, query, and visualization.
• Demonstrated problem solving skills (ability to assess problems, suggest solutions, gain solution support, and implement solutions).
• High learning agility for technology and business processes.
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships, influence peers, and achieve results through others.
• Ability to understand project information, integration, analytics, and technical solutions and define project specific architectures that accelerate capability delivery.
• Strong teamwork, self-management, problem-solving abilities.
• Demonstrated versatility in technical leadership, project management, and systems/software development and implementation.
• Ability to deliver results through others, particularly by building productive relationships, and being an effective team member or business partner.
• Experience working with teams across organizational and geographic boundaries and multiple levels in the organization.
• Position is based in Indianapolis, IN
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( LillyRecruitingCompliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.
As a condition of employment with Eli Lilly and Company and its subsidiaries in the United States and Puerto Rico, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination satisfactory to the company (subject to applicable law).