Lilly Maintenance Technician- $3,000 Sign On Bonus - Starting from $23/ hour + Benefits in Indianapolis, Indiana
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Quick Benefit Overview:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription benefits are effective on your first day of employment
Paid vacation- starting annually at 120 hours (prorated based on start date)
$3,000 sign-on bonus
Night and Weekend Shift Differential
For 140 years, Lilly has manufactured medicines that improve people’s lives around the world. We produce our medicines using some of the most sophisticated manufacturing technologies and rigorous quality standards. Lilly Manufacturing strives for excellence in its process, standards, procedures and behaviors to develop medicines with safety first and quality always.
The focus of this position is to provide maintenance expertise to service, repair,
and maintain process and utility equipment such as vial washing machines,
sterilization tunnels, capping/sealing equipment, filling equipment, conveyor
systems, vision inspection machines, laser marking systems, robotics, and other pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment currently in service. The operations maintenance mechanic is expected to understand the needs and
requirements of the customers; must be able to work effectively with customers, handle customer questions with tact and understanding while displaying good customer service.
· Expected to improve equipment uptime, line efficiency, and increase overall equipment effectiveness in a production environment by condition monitoring, troubleshooting, and assisting in engineering changes.
· Must possess a good mechanical aptitude to troubleshoot and repair equipment while, following departmental rules and regulations.
· Must be willing to work with safety as a primary focus and abide by applicable safety procedures and practices.
· Develop a good working knowledge of the production line and how it impacts and interacts with upstream and downstream equipment.
· Must be able to assist in the setup and/or changeover of production line equipment.
· Understand the critical features and parameters associated with the processes.
· Must have the ability to quickly and accurately diagnose the root cause of a problem, and implement the proper corrective actions to minimize downtime.
· Must accurately document the actions taken to repair the equipment.
· Willing to assist in areas outside of their primary responsibility and learn other skills, as required.
· High school diploma/GED
· Minimum 2 Years of Maintenance or Manufacturing Experience
· Completion of Post Offer Exam, or Completion of Work Simulation if applicable.
· Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
Additional Skills / Preferences:
· Must be able to speak, read and write English at a sufficient level to communicate technical and business information effectively.
· Must be able to effectively use business software programs, such as, GMARS, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite and other required software programs.
· Must be able to effectively work in a team environment.
· Physical considerations include the ability to work with or around equipment, climb ladders and stairs and use PPE (Personal Protective Equipment). He/she may be exposed to harsh weather conditions as part of the job
· Familiar with set-up and operation of a lathe, mill, surface grinder, and drill press.
· Ability to read and interpret shop prints in a machine shop setting.
· Good, all-around hands-on experience with repair of equipment.
· Industrial electrical experience using VOM (volt-ohm meter) and Amprobe meters for basic motor control troubleshooting.
· Applicable military service training
· Production machine maintenance or machine shop experience
· Day or Night 12 hour shift 3-2-2-3 6pm – 6am (12 hour) TBD
· Overtime may be required during shutdowns, emergency situations, or periods of heavy workloads.
· The operations maintenance mechanic will work in and around potentially dangerous and hazardous equipment, powders, liquids and gases. Safety is paramount for this position.
· Some allergens are present at some plant sites. Mobility requirements and exposure to allergens should be considered when applying for this position. Fit for duty test is required.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources (LillyRecruitingCompliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( LillyRecruitingCompliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
As a condition of employment with Eli Lilly and Company and its subsidiaries in the United States and Puerto Rico, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination satisfactory to the company (subject to applicable law).