Lilly Mechanic A - IDAP in Indianapolis, Indiana
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Position Brand Description:
Indianapolis Device and Packaging (IDAP), is seeking a maintenance mechanic responsible for machine maintenance and set-up activities on packaging/assembly equipment consisting of UV curing, vision systems, laser marking stations, conveyors, robotics and other pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment currently in service.
• This role is expected to infuse equipment uptime, line efficiency and increase overall equipment effectiveness in a production environment by condition monitoring, troubleshooting and assisting in engineering changes.
• Work within the production team to provide the support required to meet goals of safety, quality, uptime and quantity. Assist in the setup of equipment.
• Identify specific equipment signals/measurements that will improve the PM program’s success rate measured by reduced unscheduled maintenance.
• Develop repair part lists with specific inventory levels given historical demand, supplier lead-time, component costs, and risk to business stoppage.
• Responsible for proactive reliability plan.
• Responsible for completing work orders
• Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment, working safely and accountable for supporting all HSE Corporate and Site Goals.
• Help develop setup and troubleshooting guides to promote runtime.
• Automated machine maintenance experience.
• Knowledge and compliance with safety requirements (LOTO, live equipment troubleshooting).
• Experience with a CMMS (GMARS preferred)
• Ability to solve problems.
Track record of maintaining a neat and orderly work area (good housekeeping)
Ability to follow written procedures while performing maintenance activities
Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment, working safely and accountable for supporting all HSE Corporate and Site Goals.
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
Completion of Post Offer Exam or Completion of Work Simulation if applicable
Journeyman trade or equivalent experience preferred.
Experience within a regulated industry; FDA regulated industries preferred
Ability to perform quality work without close supervision
Proficiency in CMMS (e.g., Maximo), Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel.
Experience in providing a high-level of customer service
High School diploma or GED
Associates Degree (or equivalent work experience)
• Position shift is 5:45am-6:00 pm, 3-2-2-3 day shift which could change due to business needs. The Maintenance Mechanic must be flexible to cover other shifts if needed. Some overtime will be required as needed to support weekend manufacturing, building shutdowns, and emergency work.
• Some allergens may be present in the plant. Mobility requirements and exposure to allergens should be considered when applying for this position.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( LillyRecruitingCompliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.
As a condition of employment with Eli Lilly and Company and its subsidiaries in the United States and Puerto Rico, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination satisfactory to the company (subject to applicable law).
At Lilly we strive to ensure our employees are part of a team that cares about them and our shared purpose of making life better for those around the world. How do we do this? We continue to look for ways to include, innovate, accelerate and deliver while maintaining integrity, excellence and respect for people. We hope that you seek to join us on our journey as we create medicine and deliver improved outcomes for patients across the globe!