Lilly SAP EWM Solution Architect in Indianapolis, Indiana
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Lilly has embarked on a very broad Digital Transformation journey in the Manufacturing & Supply Chain space with a goal to modernize and digitize operations in Planning, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Storage and Distribution of our products. The “Next Generation Warehousing Solutions” program is a critical cog in our transformation journey, with a mission to unify and modernize our Warehousing Business Processes and Operations across our manufacturing and distribution footprint, optimize material handling operations through automation and deliver a modern scalable platform that will serve as a foundation for continuous innovation in this space.
Leveraging SAP EWM as our Next Generation Global Warehouse Management & Warehouse Execution system along with other SAP products in the SAP Digital Supply Chain portfolio, MES Solutions (PMX) from Rockwell Automation and various warehouse automation and Industry 4.0 technologies such as ASRS, AGVs, Robotic Cells, Digital Twins etc. that enable automated material movement, handling and storage, the NextGen Warehouse Program will deliver solutions that drive Lilly’s Dock-to-Dock automated material handling and movement strategy and accelerate the digital maturity of our manufacturing footprint from Connected Plants to Predictive Plants and Adaptive Plants.
The Warehouse Management Solutions Architect will play a key role in enabling the transformation at our Mfg. and Distribution sites worldwide.
Working as part of the global SAP SCM delivery team, a Solution Architect is responsible for defining and then driving the implementation of the longer-term strategic plans, working across the supply chain processes, helping the business shape their future using technology and information in ways of which they previously couldn’t even imagine possible.
The primary focus in this role will be on the implementation of the EWM solution from SAP to support warehouse management operations for manufacturing, packaging, and distribution operations. In that role, the architect will design and build warehouse management capabilities, as well as additional capabilities to support warehouse management and material flows, to deliver the Next Generation Warehouse Management solutions scope.
The architect will develop a deep understanding of the existing functionality and business processes and partner with the business to drive simplified future state design which maximises the usefulness of the Next Gen Warehouse Solutions asset in this continually growing business area.
Some regional and international travel will be required to meet with business partners and develop key working relationships as part of a global function.
Key Objectives / Deliverables:
· Work with business area leadership, IT Architects, MES architects, Data Analytics architects, and Robotics group to design the Next Gen Warehouse Solutions landscape.
· Potentially lead Next Gen Warehouse solution implementation projects at a global scale.
· Act as interface between IT and Business Partners on or across large projects or programs.
· Work with key Business Partners and other IT Architects to identify business problems, set direction through formation of a strategic roadmap and then evolve the global design with appropriate solutions, which may cut across many SAP modules and non-SAP systems, to meet business needs most effectively.
· Leverage deep understanding of how the IT tools are used by the business and how these tools interact to influence the business to think in new ways by providing design direction, including alternative options for meeting business outcomes.
· Utilize solid understanding of supply chain business processes to anticipate short term and future needs
· Work directly with Application Vendors to understand and influence the vendor’s strategic direction for their product. Keep an outward focus to identify new trends and hence opportunities.
· Responsible for alignment of Business Architecture direction with other IT areas.
· Coach/ Mentor management, team, and others on business processes, technologies, and design as appropriate.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Experience implementing and maintaining SAP hence demonstrating relevant understanding of SAP implementation and design; particularly in the Manufacturing Operations space.
· Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
Strong understanding of business process in the supply chain, warehousing, logistics and manufacturing space and the various SAP solutions that enable Digital Supply Chain
Experience working with pharmaceutical manufacturing and distribution warehouses with a strong understanding of processes around batch management, cold chain management, serialization etc. and how these solutions are enabled by SAP EWM and the collective SAP Supply Chain suite of applications
10+ years of professional experience as a strong Techno-Functional SAP EWM Solution Architect implementing SAP EWM in large manufacturing sites and distribution centres preferably in the Pharmaceutical / Life Sciences Industry
Proven hands-on experience in all phases of a typical SAP EWM implementation from Requirement Gathering, Material Flow Design & Blueprinting to Solution Design, Configuration, Development & Testing to Implementation.
Proven ability to lead a cross-functional team of logistics experts, automation equipment vendors (ASRS, Conveyors, AGVs etc.) etc. in designing and optimizing material flows across the warehouse, blueprinting, requirement gathering, conceptual design and scoping efforts for SAP EWM
Technical expertise in designing, configuring, and developing solutions across the process scope of SAP EWM
Strong automation integration experience with hands-on experience integrating warehouse automation technologies (ASRS, AGVs, Picking Solutions etc.) with SAP EWM
Experience implementing Advanced Production Integration in a manufacturing warehouse and proven skills in designing and implementing integrations between SAP EWM and MES solutions to enable production integration
Strong understanding and experience in the integration of SAP EWM with other SAP modules (SAP QM, SAP MO, SAP SD etc.) and with other SAP products like SAP TM, SAP GTS, and SAP ATTP
Technically adept in debugging ABAP code, understanding the EWM BOPF and underlying database tables and being able to translate requirements into technical requirements for the development team
Ability to take long term strategic plan and break it into shorter programs and projects.
Ability to influence others to adopt different point of view or concept.
Must have demonstrated ability to have a global view.
Understanding of current state and future direction for the area and for the enterprise.
Demonstrated ability to establish key relationships with those outside of the immediate business area.
Demonstrated ability to understand and influences integration points with other business areas, processes, functions.
Excellent initiative and self-management skills as well as ability to lead teams, influence others and manage conflict.
· Located in Indianapolis, Indiana, although remote or OUS-based candidates will be considered
· Full time day shift position
· As this position serves a global organization, occasional off hours and weekend work is expected
· Some (less than 10%) domestic and/or international travel may be required
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( LillyRecruitingCompliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
As a condition of employment with Eli Lilly and Company and its subsidiaries in the United States and Puerto Rico, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination satisfactory to the company (subject to applicable law).