Lilly Sr. Specialist- Environmental Monitoring Microbiology in Indianapolis, Indiana
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world. #WeAreLilly
Position Brand Description:
Provide Environmental Monitoring (EM), utilities or Microbiological Testing technical
and quality support/oversight to laboratory and plant-site personnel. Provide support on
technical issues (e.g. EM, utilities, sterility assurance, microbiological testing, analytical
investigations, equipment qualifications). Assist in identification and investigation of
non-conformance issues. Execute methods, support or assist in the collection of routine
and investigational laboratory data, as necessary. Provide ADMIN/LIMS submission and
data retrieval support. Generate or provide laboratory data entry and confirmation
support, as well as data retrieval as relating to investigations and / or batch disposition.
Assist in development and / or execution of equipment validation packages, technical
documents (e.g. EMPQ (Environmental Monitoring Performance Qualifications), PMR
(Performance Management Review), investigational study protocols, and EMER.
· Ensure compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and
assist in identification and investigations of non-conformance issues.
· Support constant state of inspection-readiness.
· Test or support collection of laboratory samples.
· Ensure that data-integrity is maintained.
· Provide computer system support (e.g. ADMIN/LIMS, Trackwise, ViCoM)
· Participate in process streamlining and continuous performance improvement.
· Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment, working safely and
accountable for supporting all HSE Corporate and Site Goals.
· Environmental Monitoring and or Quality Control Laboratory experience
· Manufacturing or production experience preferred.
· Ability to work in a lab environment including wearing appropriate PPE and other
safety required equipment and considerations.
· Ability to work in a highly regulated environment.
· Demonstrated strong math and documentation skills.
Strong understanding of cGMPs.
· Understanding of regulatory standards / requirements for laboratory functions. · Strong computer skills.
· High-quality skills to include: attention to detail, capability of meeting critical deadlines.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, troubleshooting and investigative skills, and crisis decision-making skills.
· Associates degree (2 yr College degree) in a science field (e.g. EM or Microbiological Testing) or 5+ years of demonstrated relevant experience in a GMP (EM or Microbiological Testing) setting.
This is a 10 hour day shift role.
· Known allergens in area.
· Work in a dynamic and fast paced environment with potential shift and weekends.
· Post Offer testing exam may be required.
· EM Laboratory specialist tasks involve repetitive motions.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( LillyRecruitingCompliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
At Lilly we strive to ensure our employees are part of a team that cares about them and our shared purpose of making life better for those around the world. How do we do this? We continue to look for ways to include, innovate, accelerate and deliver while maintaining integrity, excellence and respect for people. We hope that you seek to join us on our journey as we create medicine and deliver improved outcomes for patients across the globe!