Lilly Trial Capabilities Apprentice - Professional Apprenticeship Program in Indianapolis, Indiana
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
The Lilly Professional Apprenticeship Program is a 13-month (fixed duration employee) program for people without a 4-year degree. As a Lilly Professional Apprentice you will receives a combination of formal training, on-the-job learning, and mentoring in a key functional area to be equipped to compete for a Lilly position after successful completion of the apprenticeship. Upon successful completion of the program, apprentices will have the opportunity to advance their careers, including consideration for full-time positions at Lilly.
The Trial Capabilities Apprentice Associate provides clinical trial capabilities in support of clinical development. The apprentice associate is accountable to ensure the investigator sites meet requirements to enroll study participants into clinical trials, assisting with activities related to site readiness and supports ongoing activities during site maintenance and close-out. The apprentice associate is responsible for ensuring clinical trial authorizations and ethical approvals, execution of the budget and contract, and activities related to clinical finance, records management and site training. The apprentice associate will ensure inspection readiness through a complete, accurate and readily available Trial Master File.
Clinical Trial Responsibilities:
· Initiate investigator site activities, including the collection and submission of regulatory documents, ensure site compliance to required training, ensuring timelines are met and participation in the customization and negotiation of informed consent documents, site budgets and contracts.
· Communicate with clinical trial sites to enable start-up and maintain an active collaboration with sites during maintenance and close-out activities.
· Work with business partners to achieve enrollment readiness by completing site activation processes.
· Continually maintain a state of inspection readiness and perform required duties for internal and external inspections.
· Connect with team members and continuously share insights across the organization.
· Accurately populate Vault Clinical systems, IMPACT data, internal systems, and related libraries for future needs.
· Understand, comply, and reinforce local regulations, laws and guidance (e.g., FDA, ICH), Quality and Business Systems, and Good Clinical Practices (GCP) to achieve inspection readiness and detect and resolve quality issues.
• HS Diploma or Equivalent and 3 or more years of related or professional experience.
Additional Skills and Preferences
• A degree or equivalent preferably in a scientific or health related field
· Two years clinical research or healthcare experience or relevant experience preferred
• Proven experience with Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Completion of Post Offer Exam or Completion of Work Simulation if applicable.
· Minimum work availability of 40 hours a week
· Self-management and organizational skills
· Driven and motivated mindset that embraces experiential learning
· Self-management and organizational skills
· Applied knowledge of project management processes and skills
· Appreciation of / experience in compliance-driven environment
· Ability to learn and comply with regulatory requirements and internal policies.
· Effective communication, team work and problem solving skills
· Very good attention to details and accuracy
· Excellent computer skills
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( LillyRecruitingCompliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.
As a condition of employment with Eli Lilly and Company and its subsidiaries in the United States and Puerto Rico, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination satisfactory to the company (subject to applicable law).
At Lilly we strive to ensure our employees are part of a team that cares about them and our shared purpose of making life better for those around the world. How do we do this? We continue to look for ways to include, innovate, accelerate and deliver while maintaining integrity, excellence and respect for people. We hope that you seek to join us on our journey as we create medicine and deliver improved outcomes for patients across the globe!