Lilly Undergrad Packaging Engineering – Co-Op in Indianapolis, Indiana
Type of Employment:
Packaging Engineering Overview:
This Co-Op provides packaging students the unique opportunity to work in the Global Packaging Department of a Fortune 100 multinational company. Our Co-Op program helps us identify potential future technical talent and leaders as well as provides a transparent experience for students to experience our culture.The people, the projects, and the activities, provide a wonderful landscape of learning and platform for strengthening your skills. You will get the opportunity to work with highly capable leaders who have developed the ability to provide valuable coaching and feedback.
Packaging Engineers at Lilly are responsible for:
• Maintaining various product packaging presentations and associated master packaging order documentation, including PMX ticket changes and Stability Packaging Orders
• Facilitating the packaging related portions of the launch of new products, line extensions, and package presentations
• Owning product packaging changes associated with primary, secondary and tertiary packaging systems
• Owning packaging component testing, packaging process validation and process improvement
• Creating and implementing project plans for the development and implementation of marketed and promotional packaging presentations
• Developing, reviewing, and maintaining package component specifications
• Evaluating existing packaging operations and improve productivity
The Co-Op position is a temporary position that last for 6 CONTINUOUS months beginning in January or June 2020. Roles and responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
• Executing definitive shipping studies for pharmaceutical products
• Providing global site support for secondary package testing and problem solving
• Assisting Full Time Engineers with project execution
• Provide a practical real-life experience working in packaging for a pharmaceutical company
• Work individually and with a supervisor to determine and achieve project goals
• Document and present project accomplishments and progress
• Currently attending school, and have completed sophomore or junior year in a BS/MS Packaging program
• Analysis/problem assessment skills, communication (oral and written) skills, information monitoring skills, quality orientation, and teamwork/interpersonal skills
• Completed or enrolled in medical packaging elective
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
Who We Are:
Lilly is a global healthcare leader that unites caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world.
We’re a Fortune 500 company, determined to bring life-changing medicines to those who need them and give back to communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. To learn more about Lilly, please visit us at http://bit.ly/lillycareer
• A Purposeful Career—bringing together people who discover and deliver life-changing medicines that improve peoples’ lives around the world.
• A Balance of Work and Life—creating an environment for employees to be productive in both their lives and their work.
• An Opportunity for Growth—providing opportunities for each individual to develop and advance professionally.
• A Diverse Culture—committed to uniting individuals across cultures, and developing a comfortable, connected, environment that values diverse thought.
• A Vibrant Community—headquartered in downtown Indianapolis, Ind. — Time Magazine ranked Indianapolis a top 10 city to start a new career in. Read more about living in Indianapolis at downtownindy.org.
We’re looking for:
• Highly motivated and driven leaders
• Individuals with integrity, excellence and respect for people.
• Individuals who want to make a difference in someone else’s life.
Req Id: 52414BR