Lilly Internship/Finance Officer in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
The role of a P2P Finance Offer – Invoicing, is to be the subject matter expert related to the Scanning and Repatriation activities, and ad-hoc Validation and Invoicing tasks when needed (both Paper and Electronic), for P2P in adherence with Company Policies and Procedures.
· Support the implementation of new procedures as well, improvements of existing procedures.
· Support the archiving invoice activity and manage specific vendor requests.
· Mail processing, scanning and validation of invoices and related documentation.
· Process accurately third-party invoices to ensure that timely payments are made to vendors and suppliers and ensuring compliance with accounting requirements and internal guidelines.
· Enter account payable adjustments into the invoicing systems and handle exceptions and discrepancies resolutions.
· Research, troubleshoot and resolve vendor invoice problems and ensure all account payable procedures are adhered to.
· Research, troubleshoot and resolve inquiries around invoices and payments.
· Handle standard invoice exceptions and facilitate communication with vendors to coordinate problem resolution.
· Support the overall P2P Exception Handling team by demonstrating flexibility in providing cover for other team members and training of new team members.
· Work closely with the P2P Analysts to ensure completion of month-end closing activities for P2P.
· Record FRAP violations for quarterly reporting and communicate violation and corrective action with business.
· Ensure all global documentation is appropriately updated for all Invoicing related.
· Participate on projects related to process improvement or integration as the Invoicing SME.
· Implement process improvements related to Invoicing Area.
· Ensure the Invoicing processes are aligned with global processes.
· Ensure controls are maintained and in compliance with corporate policies.
· Participate in the testing of P2P technologies.
· Understand and follow all compliance policies, laws, regulations, and The Red Book.
· Ensure adherence to all document retention requirements in line with Lilly Global Record Retention Schedule and any applicable local legal requirements, including filing, storing, archiving, and destroying documents at the end of the record retention period.
· Ensure all SOx and Operational controls are completed and followed to level required and within agreed timeframe.
· Integrate compliance into daily activities.
· Comply with any corrective actions.
· Cooperate with investigations, monitoring and audits.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
· ENGLISH - Excellent active listening skills with effective verbal skills to respond to customers with a rational and empathetic manner.
· Effective team member with ability to work across a diverse and cross-functional work group.
· Must be flexible and adaptable to change.
· Demonstrate strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
· Strong Research, analytical and issues resolution skills
· Must be able to multi-task within deadlines and work well under pressure, maintaining standards.
· Develop good relationships with various levels of personnel in Lilly’s Financial organization and third-party service providers.
· Good time management skills.
§ SAP Experience.
§ ARIBA and other eInvoicing experience
§ Account Payable Knowledge
§ Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( LillyRecruitingCompliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
At Lilly we strive to ensure our employees are part of a team that cares about them and our shared purpose of making life better for those around the world. How do we do this? We continue to look for ways to include, innovate, accelerate and deliver while maintaining integrity, excellence and respect for people. We hope that you seek to join us on our journey as we create medicine and deliver improved outcomes for patients across the globe!