Lilly Alzheimer’s Disease Diagnostic Consultant in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Position Location: PHILADELPHIA NORTH PA ADDC 156165
Lilly's ongoing research and commercial efforts in Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) present one of the most exciting opportunities in the history of the company. There is currently a significant, growing, and intense unmet need across all key players. AD is the sixth leading cause of death in the US, and of the top 10 causes of death, it is the only disease with an increasing mortality rate and the only one that cannot be prevented, cured, or even slowed.
Lilly’s goal is to make the dementia associated with the disease preventable. We are uniquely positioned to achieve this goal: following 30+ years of investment in AD research and development across both therapeutics and diagnostics, Lilly announced top-line results earlier this year for the positive Phase 2 trial of a beta-amyloid plaque clearing therapy, donanemab, which demonstrated a significant slowing of decline in a composite measure of cognition and daily function in patients with early symptomatic AD. With this ground-breaking positive data and the possibility of launching donanemab after receiving FDA Breakthrough Therapy designation, Lilly can address this significant unmet need by launching a potential best-in-class AD therapy in tandem with an arsenal of AD imaging and blood diagnostics that support the timely and accurate identification of patients who may benefit from the therapy
Diagnostics will play a critical role in preparing for the potential launch of Alzheimer’s disease modifying therapies. Lilly launched Amyvid, the first PET amyloid imaging agent to identify evidence of amyloid pathology in the brains of living patients, in the United States in 2012. In 2020, Tauvid, the first PET tau imaging agent, was approved by the FDA. The months ahead could bring the launch of a blood-based diagnostic to the growing Alzheimer’s diagnostic portfolio. In addition, Lilly is also working on an Alzheimer’s Disease Diagnostic Initiative (ADDI), which could integrate blood tests with PET imaging.
The combined AD diagnostic and therapeutic ecosystem (referral dynamics, comprehensive diagnostics, and treatments) must be further developed in order for patients to not only be diagnosed and treated efficiently and effectively, but also to result in a significantly improved customer experience. This position will be instrumental in supporting the development of the US AD diagnostic ecosystem, most significantly as it relates to the utilization of and experience associated with our Alzheimer’s diagnostic portfolio.
A variety of elements need to work effectively and in harmony for patients, information, and product to flow smoothly through the process of detecting, diagnosing, and treating people with Alzheimer’s Disease. There are multiple steps, stakeholders, and physical locations involved. These interconnected ecosystems (referral dynamics, advanced diagnostics, and treatments), which vary greatly by geography and health system, must be further developed to support overall patient care, so we can facilitate the desired customer experience. The Alzheimer’s Disease Diagnostic Consultant (ADDC) is an account specialist who will be instrumental in segmenting, developing, and supporting local diagnostic ecosystems, most significantly as it relates to improving the understanding of AD pathology and utilization of Lilly’s AD diagnostic portfolio, with initial focus on Amyvid and Tauvid.
The ADDC will educate and support a diverse range of customers, such as memory care centers/Centers of Excellence, imaging centers, Neurologists, Primary Care Physicians, nursing and pharmacy staff, and key office personnel. This individual will also compliantly work across internal functions, including Medical Affairs, Medical Diagnostics, Market Managers, and Field Reimbursement teams, as well as with external partners, such as PETNET. Given this complex environment and the need to develop referral networks and complete account and market mapping, these sales professionals will need significant experience in account-based selling and/or working through ambiguity.
• Help build a healthy Alzheimer’s disease care ecosystem by identifying and developing formal and informal referral networks across different stakeholders and health systems to ensure site readiness
• Engage with customers and key office staff by utilizing value-based selling and strategic account management and by leveraging various channels, including personal (e.g. in-person, virtual interactions) and non-personal (e.g. digital, email, etc.)
• Successfully leverage disease state education to drive awareness and buy-in on Alzheimer’s disease biomarkers
• Support positive imaging experiences on Amyvid and Tauvid by ensuring all stakeholders are trained and equipped to scan, read, interpret, report results
• Serve as a peer leader among overlapping field partners to enable a coordinated effort ensuring each customer has a consistent positive experience
• Create exceptional customer and patient experiences by building strong partnerships across a myriad of customers in multiple care settings
• Develop a strong understanding of customer/practice dynamics, priorities, stakeholders, and goals for brand target patient
• Develop a strong working partnership with PETNET Radiopharmacy Territory Managers to build market-level business plans and to ensure imaging center and dementia specialist needs are met
• Welcome innovative thinking, differing perspectives and external information
• Demonstrate Lilly values and TEAM LILLY behaviors, positively influencing team culture
• Earn reputation as a subject-matter expert and valued resource
• Engage with world-leading key opinion leaders
• Develop compliant and innovative ways to influence the local ecosystem to ensure patients, information, and product flow smoothly from diagnosis to treatment and follow up
• As the external environment evolves, anticipate, embrace, and adapt to change
• Test, learn, and iterate new ways of approaching customers and building a sustainable infrastructure to support the Alzheimer’s Disease care ecosystem
Accelerate and Deliver
• Create awareness and discuss the importance of key Alzheimer’s disease biomarkers by providing disease state education to customers
• Promote Amyvid and Tauvid to facilitate a smooth detection/diagnostic process
• Leverage Strategic Account Management skills to understand patient flow when a patient is referred for a PET scan or other AD diagnostic test
• Develop, execute, and continuously evaluate and adjust account/territory plans with business partners
• Determine needs, expectations, and pain points for key HCPs and imaging centers in local territory
• Solve problems and address challenges for HCPs when referring a patient for a PET scan
• Bachelor’s degree
• At least three years of experience in a field facing role or three years of relevant experience
• Strong business analytics and strategic thinking skills with the ability to navigate ambiguity
• Innovative thinker
• Curiosity to thrive in white space
• Displays resilience and tenacity necessary to overcome challenges
• Ability to comprehend and explain complex clinical studies
• Ability to comprehend, utilize, and communicate technical information
• Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record is required
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
• Prior account-based sales experience e.g., oncology, hospital/ institution, medical device, buy and bill and/ or medical benefit products.
• MBA, relevant advanced degree (e.g. Pharmacy, RN, MPH, etc.), or certification (e.g. PET/CT technologist)
• HCP marketing experience in the biotech/ healthcare industry is a plus
• Alzheimer’s Disease, diagnostics, or related experience preferred, but not required
• Experience in a fast paced and dynamic environment with an ability to synthesis the complex, and create and execute effective plans of action
• Proven ability to work well cross functionally and collaboratively
• Exemplary ability to demonstrate resilience, grit, and appropriately self-resolve problems
• Proven track record of success
• Self-starter who works with minimal direction
• Clinical background in Alzheimer’s Disease or the diagnostics space
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
As a condition of employment with Eli Lilly and Company and its subsidiaries in the United States and Puerto Rico, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination satisfactory to the company. If you would like to request an accommodation for medical or religious reasons, you may do so at email@example.com.
At Lilly we strive to ensure our employees are part of a team that cares about them and our shared purpose of making life better for those around the world. How do we do this? We continue to look for ways to include, innovate, accelerate and deliver while maintaining integrity, excellence and respect for people. We hope that you seek to join us on our journey as we create medicine and deliver improved outcomes for patients across the globe!