Lilly Material Handler - $3,000 Sign-On Bonus in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Quick Benefits Overview:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription benefits are effective on your first day of employment
Paid vacation- starting annually at 120 hours (prorated based on start date)
$3,000 sign-on bonus
At Lilly, we serve an extraordinary purpose. We make a difference for people around the globe by discovering, developing and delivering medicines that help them live longer, healthier, more active lives. Not only do we deliver breakthrough medications, but you also can count on us to develop creative solutions to support communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.
Receiving, storage, and shipping of raw materials and packaging components in support of the Lilly RTP manufacturing site. Ensure materials are available and on hand for weekly production operations and ensure inventory quantities are accurate. Requirement to handle and process materials in inventory system following GMP processes at all times. The position reports to the Warehouse Supervisor.
· Accurate receiving and storage of manufacturing components from outside vendors and other Lilly sites. Shipping of orders to internal and external Lilly customers.
· Unloading / loading of materials at docks, receiving of materials, storage of material in appropriate storage zones, preparation and shipping to customer orders, order processing in warehouse inventory system, cycle counting.
· Follow all safety requirements and procedures. Routinely inspects area for health and safety issues. Assist with implementation of countermeasures from safety incident investigations. Work with area Supervisor, Warehouse Specialists and safety representatives to implement safety projects.
· Follow all GMP, and other regulatory requirements. Participate in quality initiatives and audits. Compliance to FDA, EMEA, DEA, OSHA, IDEM, and EPA regulations.
· Meet appropriate goals for performance improvement as defined by area
· Execute inventory transactions in a timely fashion.
· Ensure inventory levels for local warehouse are set and maintained appropriately.
· Provide key customers raw materials and components on-time and in full.
· Maintain learning plan at 100% current.
· Follow and execute policies and procedures impacting warehouse activities.
· Maintain a safe work environment, working safely and accountable for supporting all HSE corporate and site goals
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Sponsorship Language: Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
· Completion of Post Offer Exam or Completion of Work Simulation if applicable.
· Ability to pick-up / move 40 pound containers
· Certified to operate all types of powered industrial trucks
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Solid understanding of quality and corporate policies
· Solid understanding of the importance of and basic requirements of regulatory agencies such as the FDA, EMEA, OSHA and EPA
· Demonstrated solid judgment and initiative
· Enthusiastic, positive attitude, flexible and willing to work overtime
· Proactive and self-motivated to support team initiatives and in solving business problems
· Ability to perform multiple tasks at the same time and make decisions regarding prioritization
· Previous experience with materials handling and inventory management systems.
· Previous warehouse/logistics experience in a GMP environment.
· Ability to work overtime, weekends and off shifts
· This role has opportunity for direct interaction with regulatory agencies during site inspections.
· Tasks may require handling hazardous materials.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( LillyRecruitingCompliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
As a condition of employment with Eli Lilly and Company and its subsidiaries in the United States and Puerto Rico, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination satisfactory to the company (subject to applicable law).