Lilly Undergrad Engineering - Intern in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
E ngineering Overview:
Lilly’s internship program is best in class. It provides engineering students the unique opportunity to work in the manufacturing and development areas of a Fortune 100 multinational company. Our internship program helps us identify future technical talent and leaders as well as provides a transparent experience for interns to experience our culture and see the variety of career paths available at Lilly. Each summer, our interns provide very positive feedback about their experiences.
In summary, it is the total overall experience. The people, the projects, and the activities, provide a wonderful landscape of learning and platform for strengthening your skills.
You will get the opportunity to work with highly capable leaders who have developed the ability to provide valuable coaching and feedback.
Engineers at Lilly are responsible for:
• Operating and maintaining manufacturing, utility, and automation systems in compliance with US and global regulations
• Searching for and implementing continuous improvements
• Managing capital projects (including design, construction, and start-up)
• Designing and developing drug delivery systems
• Designing and developing drug manufacturing processes (including scale-up and commercialization)
• Designing and developing waste reduction and energy minimization processes
• Designing and developing safety systems and environmental controls
• Transportation, Distribution, and warehouse analysis and optimization
The internship positions are temporary summer internship positions that last for 12 CONTINUOUS weeks beginning in May or June 2023. Each engineering intern will be assigned a project affording the opportunity to actively contribute to the manufacturing organization, build a comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry, and the role engineers play at creating solutions for Eli Lilly and Company. Interns will interact with other engineering and manufacturing professionals, including Lilly senior management. Professional development and social events will be held throughout the summer. At the conclusion of the work period, each intern will present their project highlights, findings, and general internship accomplishments to engineering and manufacturing professionals.
Project opportunities are available in, but not limited to, the following manufacturing areas:
• Engineering Technical Center
• Parenteral Products (injectable)
• Facilities/Utilities Engineering
• Bulk Processing (small and large molecule)
• Process Development
• Global Delivery Devices
• Health and Safety / Environmental
• Provide a practical real-life solution to a manufacturing business related technical project
• Work individually and with a supervisor to determine and achieve project goals
• Document and present project accomplishments and progress
• Currently attending school and have completed sophomore or junior year in a BS/MS Engineering program
• Graduating by August 2025
D esired Experience:
• Analysis/problem assessment skills, communication (oral and written) skills, information monitoring skills, quality orientation, and teamwork/interpersonal skills
• Previous internship experience within the pharmaceutical industry
A d ditional Benefits:
All interns will be considered for full-time positions based on their internship performance and the business need
Lilly arranges various intern activities including sporting events, dinners, lunch and learns, etc. to provide opportunities for socializing, professional development, and learning more about Lilly.
Interns will receive a competitive salary and free parking at their work site, as well as access to Lilly’s
LIFE fitness center and bike garage
If the intern's job position requires a move from another location, Lilly will provide subsidized housing
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( LillyRecruitingCompliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.
As a condition of employment with Eli Lilly and Company and its subsidiaries in the United States and Puerto Rico, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination satisfactory to the company (subject to applicable law).