Lilly Primary Care District Sales Manager in Sacramento, California
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Position Territory: Sacramento CA PC 1|2
• Lead a high performing team: capable of cultivating a “winning culture” that is customer focused, accountable, and inspires team performance
• Leads and inspires team through organizational transformation
• Collaborates with the district team to develop a vision and strategy that is aligned to the area and business unit
• Inspires commitment to district and/or area goals and gains agreement to how these goals will be accomplished
• Sets high expectations for customer value creation, monitors performance, and takes appropriate action (positive/constructive)
• Understands the health of the team and facilitates group interactions that engage and inspire positive performance
• Select, develop, and retain talent: select, develop, and retain sales representatives who perform effectively as members of a team
• Identifies, recruits, and selects diverse talent based on the right mix of customer centricity, Lilly leadership behaviors, and local business needs
• Partners with sales representatives to explore and identify their career goals and leverages his/her professional network to provide experiences that develop and retain local talent
• Utilizes the performance management process to inspire individual performance
• Partners with sales representatives to create individual development plans based on evaluation of skill strengths, gaps, and development priorities
• Coach to achieve business results: coach and model the process of creating customer value and delivering business results
• Coaches to defined sales representative competencies using the Lilly Coaching Model by adapting coaching and leadership style
• Coaches and models the use of market and therapeutic knowledge
• Coaches and models customer interaction capabilities that result in industry leading customer value and service
• Removes barriers that stand in the way of delivering exceptional customer value and service
• Coaches the process of business ownership by developing a culture that is responsible and accountable for local decision making
• Operate with high integrity, comply with Lilly policies and procedures and coaches to ensure understanding of and compliance with all Lilly policies and procedures within your team.
• Analyze, prioritize, and plan: maximize business opportunities by identifying and allocating resources
• Capable of analyzing the district business based on the external environment, district trends, and gaps in performance
• Responsible for prioritizing opportunities based on business unit objectives, resources, and local analysis
• Develops and communicates a knowledgeable district business plan based on prioritized opportunities and multi-channel resources
• Accesses and/or negotiates for, and ensures effective allocation, of required resources to meet district objectives and drive profitability
• Execute, evaluate, and adjust: Manage the district as a business by executing territory and district strategies, measuring results, and making adjustments
• Accountable for execution of the district business plan with discipline and focus and responsibility
• Evaluates sales representative execution of territory business plans
• Adjusts district business plans based on working local knowledge of the current implementation, results, resource availability, and the changing local business environment Identifies key customers and collaborates with appropriate business partners to enhance customer value
• Makes the appropriate local decisions
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Professional certification or license required to perform this position if required by a specific state
• Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
• Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
• Candidate should be supported by line leadership/HR
• Must live either in a hub city within the area of responsibility or, if approved by the unit VP, a city that provides efficient access to the majority of the employees in the area of responsibility
• Strong business acumen
• Proven ability to lead the service value chain – exceptional leadership, engaged employees, exceptional customer experiences leading to strong business performance – across team, peers and leadership.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( LillyRecruitingCompliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
As a condition of employment with Eli Lilly and Company and its subsidiaries in the United States and Puerto Rico, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination satisfactory to the company (subject to applicable law).