Lilly Sales Rep - Diabetes Specialty in Toms River, New Jersey
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Position Title - CENTRAL JERSEY NJ DIAB SPEC 1 146469
At Lilly, we serve an extraordinary purpose. We make a difference for people around the globe by discovering, developing and delivering medicines that help them live longer, healthier, more active lives. Not only do we deliver breakthrough medications, but you also can count on us to develop creative solutions to support communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.
Specialty Reps will be responsible for developing relationships with all practicing endocrinologists and pediatric endocrinologists who are prescribers/influencers of treatment for the disease states represented in the Lilly Diabetes and Endocrine portfolios. These representatives will also be responsible for selling the Diabetes portfolio in key hospital accounts: including interactions with attending endocrinologists, endocrine fellows, diabetes educators, chief internal medicine residents, chief family practice residents, and residents involved in endocrine rotations. The Specialty representative will build relationships with these key customers to increase Lilly’s ability to drive adoption of our new and existing diabetes therapies as well as growth hormone deficiency treatment.
• Identify and develop business relationships with key customers, state and local advocacy groups, teaching institutions, key influencers/prescribers, and managed care organizations and establish oneself as a true diabetes/endocrine expert and resource.
• Develop deep professional/industry knowledge in multiple disease states represented in Lilly Diabetes and Endocrine portfolios including knowledge of competitive products.
• Implement/drive brand value messages and interventions to exceed customer needs and assist with device training, reimbursement, and distribution via alternate channels where applicable.
• Ability to engage in an active dialogue with physicians on complex subjects and influence the use of the injectable products.
• Effective selling of multiple products on a single call. Work across different account levels: with hospitals, department chiefs, nurses, certified diabetes educators, and allied medical professionals to optimize Lilly’s contribution to successful diabetes and endocrine care with targeted accounts. Effective account management as it relates to meeting and exceeding targeting/message/frequency/programs.
• Work with Lilly Partners, Alliance Partners and Specialty District Team to leverage impact across your territory and district.
• Operate with high integrity and comply with Lilly policies and procedures
• Bachelor's degree
• Professional Certification or License if required by a specific state
• Plus any ONE of the following:
o Master’s Degree
o 2 or more years of sales experience (pharma or non-pharma) since undergraduate degree was obtained
o 3 or more years of relevant work experience since undergraduate degree was obtained
• Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
• Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
Bilingual skills as aligned with territory and customer needs
Live within territory or within 30 miles of territory boundaries
Diabetes, Specialty, or Hospital/Account based experience Top 1/3 portfolio sales results, 1 out of the last 3 years
Pharmacy degree or scientific background Certified Diabetes Educator
Demonstrated business acumen
Demonstrated success in influence and negotiation skills
Excellent communication/coordination/interpersonal Skills
Documented leadership ability
Demonstrated ability to learn, apply and communicate technical/scientific knowledge
Must show demonstrated longevity by having held less than 3 jobs in the past 5 years
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
As a condition of employment with Eli Lilly and Company and its subsidiaries in the United States and Puerto Rico, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination satisfactory to the company. If you would like to request an accommodation for medical or religious reasons, you may do so at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Lilly we strive to ensure our employees are part of a team that cares about them and our shared purpose of making life better for those around the world. How do we do this? We continue to look for ways to include, innovate, accelerate and deliver while maintaining integrity, excellence and respect for people. We hope that you seek to join us on our journey as we create medicine and deliver improved outcomes for patients across the globe!