Lilly Financial Operations Analyst-FDE in Toronto, Ontario
As a global company, we are committed to making life better for people and communities around the world. The various roles in Finance are critical to enabling our internal business partners to deliver on our promise.
The ideal candidate for this role has a strong financial acumen, is a team player with good problem solving skills and possesses an ownership mentality.
• Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, employer’s benefit costs, accruals and prepaid expenses.
• Prepare general accounting entries into SAP for month end close.
• Prepare HST and Provincial Sales Tax Returns. Calculate tax refund/payable, remit payment and make corresponding entries.
• Create intercompany PO requests and billing requests; prepare Inventory Reserve analysis including quarterly review of obsolete, slow moving inventory; prepare and journalize Bad Debt expense provisions.
• Capital forecasting and Capex settlement of projects & networks including review of assets.
• Responsible for analyzing employees expense reports, identifying and highlighting policy violations.
• Assist the Controller with the day-to-day, monthly and year-end operations of the Accounting/Finance Department as required.
• Leader for special accounting projects.
Lilly will conduct, at its own expense, background search (including verification of educational credentials, contacting three of your personal references) of the successful candidate.
Eli Lilly Canada is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from qualified women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
Accounting Operations/Analyst - 12 months
• Monitor and collect data to assess accuracy and integrity; analyze data; ensure compliance with applicable standards (i.e. GAAP), rules, regulations and systems of internal control; interpret and evaluate results, prepare documentation; create financial reports and/or presentations.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Be able to demonstrate attention to details and good record keeping.
• Knowledge of SAP is an asset.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, especially Excel).
• Hands-on detail-oriented tasks.
• Team player and ability to collaborate with other teams in the organization, including Global partners.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management.
• At least 3+ years of relevant experience in accounting operations and/or audit.
• Degree in Accounting and/or CPA designation, or close to the completion.
Lilly is one of the top 10 largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. Lilly has remained dedicated to creating medicines that help improve peoples' quality of life for more than 140 years. At the heart of Lilly's operations are its core values – excellence, integrity and respect for people and these are reflected in business practices that include strong governance principles, the ethical development of medicines, transparency and ethical product promotion.
State / Province: